Havelys 14th St Theatre / NY
Fourteenth Street (between 6th and 7th Avenues) / NYC
Also named: Theatre Francaise (1866), Fourteenth Street (1870), Lyceum (1872),
Haverly's 14th Street (1879), Fourteenth Street (1885)
This house was built by producers M. Guignet & C. Drivet to hold French plays and comic operas.
After four years, new owners renamed it and switched to a less restricted booking policy. This handsome
house became home to J.H. Haverly's minstrel troupe. It had a final blaze of glory as home to
Eve Le Gallienne's Civic Repertory company 1926-1932.
Havelys 14th St Theatre / interior
(photo from "Pictorial Guide to New York Theatres - 1883" www.daviscrossfield.com/)
Programs available from this theatre:
Return to Index of Theatres