39th Street Theatre
(aka Nazimova’s 39th Street Theatre) / 119 W. 39th Street / NYC
The Shuberts built Nazimova’s 39th Street Theatre in 1910, named in honor of popular actress Alla Nazimova.
Renamed the 39th Street Theatre in 1911, the 700-seat theatre had stars such as Frank Craven, H.B. Warner,
Annie Russell, Douglas Fairbanks, and John Barrymore grace its stage.
The theatre was closed in 1926.
Later that year it was demolished and a 20-story office building erected.
Programs available from this theatre:
A Butterfly On The Wheel (1912)