The Theatre Royal (originally the "New Theatre") was actually a series of four theatres located on New Street in
between 1774 and 1956. The last theatre closed its doors for the final time on the 15th of December 1956
with a performance of 'The Fol-de-Rolls,' and was subsequently demolished in 1957.
Theatre Royal in 1780
being demolished - 1957
Programs available from this theatre:
Old King Cole (1952)